Thursday, March 18, 2010

Shaved Heads and Shameless Hilarity

The event was rather incredible. They were shaving heads for a very long time. The website said the count of shavees was around seventy-two. The food was good and you really can’t have anything wrong with a fridge full of free iced cream. As my former roommate Alex would say, I do always think with my stomach. After some time of waiting around, my teammates’ family had to go, so we pushed to the front of the line. It took a while to shave my head just because there was such an incredible amount of hair. The barber wasn’t really even done when the organizer of the event told him it was good enough and shoved me off the chair. I kind of feel like the back of my head could use a little bit more but that’s fine. I wasn’t there to get perfect haircut.

The weirdest thing is going to be watching my hair grow back in. I’m going to have to get a haircut fairly soon or I’ll be faced with a truly mop top since everything will grow back in at the same time. I’ve been considering documenting the process but it would require remembering to take a picture every morning after I take a shower. It’ll be weird to watch the beard grow in and disappear in intervals. It’d seem like the milliseconds on a clock. I will have to take a few pictures a day. Another interesting idea is taking a picture using the camera on this laptop. I could take it on the train every morning right when I get on. I’d just have to hope there’s no one sitting around me that’d be upset by the fact that I might be taking a picture of them.

After the event, I went uptown to meet up with my cousin Mario. It was the first time we ever hung out outside of a family party. He had apparently been drinking since three in the afternoon. When I left him it was midnight and he was still drinking. I was pretty happy that I managed to get home at two in the morning. I was really dreading getting home any later than that since I had to get up for work at about eight-thirty in the morning. I forgot to set my alarm later than I had the day before and ended getting woken up at seven-thirty having no clue what so ever what was going on. I did end up realizing it was only seven-thirty and set my alarm for an hour later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment