Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dragons on a Train

So, I’m sitting on the train, minding my own business, when all of a sudden this damn dragon walked on breathing fire everywhere. I needed to get to work, so I wasn’t all too happy about a burning train car delaying my commute. People were running and flailing like the pansies that you’d expect so I knew I was the only one who can do something about it. I got out my sword and shield and faced the smoking creature. Our eyes met and we both knew there will be a showdown. The thing about dragons that you have to remember is that they’re not afraid of anything. They’ve spent so long being called mythical that they’ve lost the will to live. They just crash around breaking stuff hoping someone will kill them.

I took a step forward, waiting for a fiery retaliation. At this point, I was really glad that I remembered to bring my tall shield because I would normally have not nearly enough cover against the foul beast. You’d think I would’ve hoped to have a brought a gun, but killing a dragon with a gun is the least chivalrous thing you can do. And besides, who am I? Indiana Jones?

I advanced slowly; the dragon starts to smoke in rage. Without any hesitation, noticing an innocent bystander getting a bit too close, it took an arm clean off of the person and started eating it. I had little time to shake off the horror of the person on the floor screaming in pain at the fact that he was now missing an arm. It was time for the dragon to die. I lunged forward, shield first, trying to drive the lizard straight through the heart. Unfortunately, the dragon managed to bat my sword away before I could piece those tough scales. The dragon let out a horrible roar that filled the whole station.

That’s when I took notice of more dragons on the train and in the station. It was the first time there had been so many dragons in one place. At the time, dragons weren’t really known to be family or team oriented, but I guess we had to expect they’d eventually want to be killed in waves as to finally exterminate the dragon race. Now you might be wondering why the dragon would bat my sword away if its goal was actually suicide. You have to remember that getting stabbed really hurts, so they want to avoid that bit. They are really conflicted in their goals.

It was still chewing on that persons arm. It was kind of surprising to me that the dragon actually didn’t cook the arm before eating it. You’d think a fire breathing animal would take advantage of this fact and cook their meals before eating them but I guess dragons like their raw meat. I was really getting upset at this point since I really needed to get to work. The dragon noticed my obviously sad expression and started feeling bad. One thing you might not have known about dragons, because they’re depressed to the point of suicide, they don’t want anyone else to feel as horrible as they do. They’re softies for people who are really sad. Angry or scared they don’t care much, but you show them some emotion and they will either leave you alone or become your best friend.

Luckily for me, a train had come into the station across the platform, so the train nodded at me and walked over to terrorize the other train, arm and all. Usually the trains stay in the station of they’re all messed up, but I imagine the conductor was far too happy to be alive to stay anywhere near the fire breathers. With a light doorbell sound, the doors close and we start moving out of the station. The last sight I saw was the dragon turning back and waving goodbye with the person’s arm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment